Grow tents are best suited for those growers with limited space or those with the need to keep light from leaking into their home. Grow tents are a perfect solution for any indoor grower looking to maximize their yields with the least amount of capital and time invested.
Popular Grow Tent Sizes
Grow tents range in size from 1ftx1ft to 5ftx10ft with an average height at about 8ft tall. The most popular sizes of grow tents are the 2ftx4ft, the 3ftx3ft and the 4ftx4ft sizes. The 2ftx4ft size is perfect for anyone using a rectangular grow light or a pair of LED UFO grow lights. The 2ftx4ft sizes is also best suited for a 400w HPS grow light but is probably too small for a 600w and definitely too small for a 1000w HPS due to extreme heat issues. The 3ftx3ft and the 4ftx4ft are perfect for a high output grow light such as the 740w LED Grow Light or a 600-1000w HPS grow light although heat will still be an issue with the HPS lights.
What Benefits Do Grow Tents Offer?
Grow tents offer many benefits over hand-made or pre-built grow rooms and grow boxes. Here are a few of the key benefits that grow tents offer:
1. Low Upfront Costs – Many grow tents cost less than $500.
2. Minimal Assembly or Setup Time – Usually less than 1 hour of assembly time.
3. Built-In Air Circulation Ducts and Light Hanging Points – Made to fit most grow light setups.
4. Light Tight – Reflective interior that keeps all the light close to the plants.
5. Side Entry Access Points – Makes tending your garden very easy.
6. Removable Bottom Panel – Usually watertight which keeps any leaks inside the grow tent.
7. Modular – Growers can use different tents for clones, vegetation and flowering cycles.
8. Lightweight and Mobile – Most grow tents weight less than 50lbs and are easily moved.
Quality Grow Tents vs Cheap Grow Tents
Quality grow tents are built with parts such as steel support bars, premium zippers (important), and top quality canvas and Mylar materials. Cheap Grow Tents on the other hand are built from the most economical parts available and usually will have issues with zippers or support bars in less than one year with steady use. We always suggest to buy quality grow tents over cheap grow tents because the upfront cost of even the most premium grow tents is still well under the cost of building a custom room or buying an expensive grow box. When choosing to buy a grow tent please remember this, “The cheap man pays twice.”
If you are in the market for a quality grow tent at a great price you can find them at AdvancedLEDLights.com and if you buy one of their high output LED Grow Lights you can get your grow tent at 20% off! LED Grow Lights are the perfect solution for a grow tent application because the amount of heat produced with an LED grow light is far less than an HPS light of the same wattage which saves you money and headaches from dealing with extreme heat.