How would you like to have an environmentally friendly roof that provides unbeatable protection for your home, a long service life with virtually no maintenance, and offers the biggest long term return on your investment? A metal roofing system will give you all that and more. As a homeowner, you may not be thinking of metal roofing as a viable option, since conventional roofing systems such as asphalt shingle are still the easy, cheap and most common choice. However, if you are interested in replacing your old roof, or need a roof for a newly constructed house, installing a metal roof will give you the most benefits. Moreover, if you are a forward thinking proponent of green building, energy efficiency, and green living, then Eco-friendly metal roofing should be your material of choice.
Consider the following benefits of metal roofing:
1. Superior protection for your home
No matter what climate you live in, there are adverse natural elements such as snow, hail, rain, wind and fire that put your house at risk. A metal roof will keep your house safe in all weather conditions.
-A metal roof sheds snow and ice, preventing the formation of ice dams which are the biggest cause of leaks in conventional roofs. If you live on the east coast are tired of your roof constantly needing repair after winter snow storms, a metal roof will save you the trouble and the money of constant repairs.
-A metal roof is highly resistant to hail damage. In the hail belt regions of the US, insurance commissions grant metal roofing materials the highest rating on impact resistance to hail.
-A metal roof is able to withstand winds of up 110 miles per hour and higher, which means that during hurricane season it will stay in tact, when other roofing systems will be blown off. If you live in hurricane prone states such as Taxes, Florida and Louisiana, investing in a metal roof is the best thing you can do for your house.
– A metal roof will not rot or crack, providing you with excellent corrosion protection.
– A metal roof will not catch of fire. This has the dual benefit of not having to spend money to buy a new roof in case of fire, and also reduced your home insurance premiums. A steel roof is the most fire safe roof. It gets the highest rating and is classified as a noncombustible roofing material.
2. Long service life and low maintenance
-If you have a metal roof that was properly installed, its service life is typically 2-3 times longer than of other conventional roofing systems, such as asphalt shingles.
-A metal roof is very durable and withstands most weather elements, climate change and does not leak. This means that you will have a really easy time maintaining it. A metal roof will save you the hassle and stress associated with roof repair such as disruptions to family life, noise, debris, preparation and clean up.
3. Financial Savings
-The superior durability and longevity of a metal roof directly translates into major financial savings. Once you have a metal roof, you will not need to spend money on routine roof repairs whether you do them yourself or pay even more and hire a professional roofing contractor. Moreover, you will be saving money by not having to replace any of your personal items and doing interior repairs that would result from a leaking roof.
-A metal roof is a wise financial investment that ultimately pays for itself. Unlike a conventional roof, a metal roof upraises the value of your house and increases curb appeal. For example, an asphalt shingles roof that is more than 10 years old actually decreases the value of your house because of the major repair issues associated with it. On the contrary, if you ever sell your house outfitted with a metal roof, you will get most of the cost of the roof back through the resale value, as well as attract many more prospective buyers.
– You can also save money by getting green building tax credits that metal roofs qualify for as a green roofing material.
– A metal roof will literally be the last roof you will ever buy, saving yourself thousands of dollars in roof replacement costs. To compare, a well-maintained asphalt shingles roof still needs to be replaced every 17 years.
4. Energy Savings
-By installing a metal roof you will enjoy considerable energy savings since a metal roof reflects 90% of solar radiant heat, keeping your house cool. This means that a metal roof will reduce your cooling costs will be reduced by about 40%. If you live in areas that are hot year round, having a metal roof can save you a lot of money.
– If you live in a cold climate, a metal roof will make your house warmer in the winter by reflecting inside heat from the underside of the roof back into the house. This will significantly reduce your heating costs in the winter.
5. An environmentally friendly, green choice.
– A metal roof can be outfitted with solar panels, which will allow you to further decrease your reliance on conventional energy sources.
– A metal roof is 100% recyclable. This means that after its long service life it will not be disposed into our landfills, which are already overflowing with millions of tons of none-recyclable roofing materials.
– A metal roof contains at least 25 % recycled content, which means that buying a metal roof is a green choice that supports our environment.
– Since a metal roof is light weight, it can be easily installed over your old roof, eliminating the need to take it the landfill.
– A metal roof helps to reduce the “urban heat island” effect, thereby reducing the demand on utilities for electricity, most of which is generated by the burning of fossil fuels. This in turn contributes to reduced green house gas emissions and cleaner air.