This weekend was a busy one, helping friends convert extra yard space into garden space. As the economy gets worse, and the valuation of our dollar drops, effectively increasing prices on food, fuel, and other objects of desire, it’s important to have a secure food supply. After wrenching a bit yesterday on the old tiller, we got it working, and after fine tuning it more today, it’s really humming along. It’s a rear tine unit, but with all the roots we found, it still beats us up a bit.
We will be adding soil enhancements, like composted cotton gin waste and animal bedding shortly, and are almost ready to plant our heirloom non-hybrid seeds (allows us to save seeds for next season).
I’m trying a new gardening website that was recommended to me today, so I’ll be documenting our work at http://myfolia.com/gardener/sspence65